Welcome


If you're interested in conscious living, then likely you're just as equally interested in Zen but simply not knowingly interested.

Usually Zen is associated with Japanese culture and religious or Buddhism practice, but true Zen (or at least the way this site uses the term) is emphasizing the value of conscious living.

Zen and conscious living come together and go hand-in-hand. Hence, conscious living without Zen is a huge oversight and vice-versa because these are not two.

"Conscious Flex: Zen & Conscious Living" is designed to offer a partnership of how these seemingly two are actually one movement.

Zen is the foundational spaciousness or presence from which conscious living derives. In the same manner that an artist, inventor or intuitive actions come from the stillness in the silence of non-movement.

In other words, Zen is a resting in the powerful space of not thinking about thought, not doing anything about doing, not trying to be the solver or understander, the knower collector but simply allowing the intelligence of life to flow through you and as you.

What is described can be thought of as meditation or accessing our intuition, but it's actually just natural living.

Often you will see kids in a natural resting space or presence and we tell them "snap out of it" because we think they are in "lala land" or "fantasy land" and not paying attention but actually they are simply being completely present with what is. It's natural to just rest and be, that's the flow from which insight and wisdom arises from.

Hence, conscious living is also the natural flow of how life organically expands upon itself. Consequently, conscious living is Zen living, when it's pure and without conceptual overlays.

Enjoy!
  • How to Eliminate All Fears Forever

    I heard once that the real sense and meaning of the word FEAR could be broken down like this:

    F=False

    E=Evidence

    A=Appearing

    R=Real

    When I first heard that description of fear a long time ago, I said to myself “That seems to speak truth within me, but if fear is false then why does it seem so real?”.
    Anyone who asks a question and expects an answer will find what he or she seeks. I always expect the universe to lead me to the answer of my questions since I realize the universe lead me to the question. If you find a question that intrigues you then keep questioning it until you find the answer, but be open to every answer you get for the reason that it may not be the one you expect and at first glance you might dismiss it.

    Through a series of events, the answer came and it unfolded a series of more questions that ultimately lead me to this question, “How do I eliminate all fears forever?” I got one of these answers that I was going to dismiss until I worked with it and developed such a sense of awareness that I can honestly say I have no fears and never will. I developed a system that works and after doing it for so long, my subconscious mind automatically does as if it were first nature! A wise person would not dismiss the answer I am about to share with you no matter how silly or farfetched it sounds, especial if you have fears and want to rid of them. If you feel it is not possible to eliminate all fears forever, then you have a limiting belief. I am sure you heard of the saying, “Do not knock it until you try it.”. The under definition of the saying is a kind way of expressing that only a foolish person would reject and dismiss something they know nothing about in experience.

    Have you ever waked up inside a dream? Where you realize you are lying on your bed and inside your dream, you are aware it is a dream you are having. This is a process called lucid dreaming (I wrote an article here on how to easily experience lucid dreams) you feel powerful because you are aware you are in a dream. In lucid dreaming you can think, say, do and create anything you want since it is your dream, the limit is of your own imagination.

    You feel powerful through this awareness because you feel as if you can control and shape anything you want to in your dream and unconsciously you realize you have no fears. You do not consciously question it or even sometimes realize that you are experiencing no fears because there is no reason to, you are in a dream, and obviously, nothing can harm you. The only time you will ever experience fear in a lucid dream is if you lose control over your thoughts. Your thoughts are your experience in the dream world of lucid dreaming. For example, if you feel physical pain inside a lucid experience then your thought about what you are experiencing allowed you to feel that pain. The pain is not real for the reason that you inside a dream, a dream that was developed by your mind. I quickly concluded that life is a reflection of the dream world. I figured if I control my thoughts in reality then I would be eliminating the experience of fear.

    It worked for a while, but then I became aware that my focus was on eliminating fear. Yet I was attracting more fear and keeping fear real by focusing on it. For example, science explains that in the deep core root of everything is energy. My thoughts are energy and fear is energy. If my thoughts are, “eliminate fear” then the energy of my thoughts is producing more fear by thinking about it. Fear is the main subject. It does not matter to energy if the thought is of eliminate or accelerate when approaching fear. I gave energy to that which I wanted to eliminate; I made it stronger by adding more energy to the fear. Therefore, I had to take a new approach by going back to the starting line. In a lucid dream, you do not even question fear because it is not real in a dream. The focus in the dream was to create whatever I wish and I could do this without fear automatically because I was convinced that the dream I was experiencing was not real. It then became obvious to me that I needed to convince myself that life is not real only a mere dream then my focus will be on creating my life the way I choose without even considering fear.

    The reason I was convinced that I was dreaming while in a lucid dream was the fact that I could remember my waking life, as I was lying there dreaming. It would seem that I needed a reference outside of life that was more real then reality. I have had a dream that was more real then reality, yet I did not need a reference in order to convince myself that life is a dream. I just needed to manipulate living a life in fear into living a dream that feels real.

    The way to make the shift is by thoughts, if you consciously and consistently have thoughts that what you are experiencing is a dream then your mind will eventually accept that thought as real because your brain does not know the difference from reality and fantasizing. There have been scientific experiments that show this being evident, but I wrote an article here of a simple exercise you can do to see this for yourself.

    There are many ways to keep your thoughts aligned, yet I will tell you one that worked the best and was the most enjoyable for me too. I was aware the best way to convince myself is to explore every avenue of myself that resided in thinking this life is real. I had a difficult time doing that for the reason that I did not know what questions to ask in order to produce to result I wanted. Therefore, I figured I would question the reality of another without them knowing my motive behind it and in doing so I would know what questions to ask myself. As a result, when alone with any one of my friends, I would try to convince them that they are dreaming. A ‘like-mind’ friend would more then likely agree with you so it would be more difficult to get the questions out of them, yet in the long run they would have more intriguing questions which would help your mission. As for ‘non-like-minded’ friends, they would more then likely question your motives at first, yet after you get through the block by not giving in and sticking to the idea that they are dreaming then they will try to convince you that they are awake. The conversation might go something like this:

    You: “You’re dreaming and I am the side of you that wants to wake-up”.

    Your friend: “What do you mean? You are crazy, why are you doing this? I am awake!”

    You: “I am just figment of your imagination inside this dream that you want to make real.”

    Your friend: “Whatever I am awake, I can feel it when I pinch myself.”

    You: “Have you not ever had a dream where you felt pain? All the five senses can be experienced in a dream.”

    Eventually the question will start forming and you will have what you are looking for.

    Your friend: “If you’re a figment of my imagination then why do you do what you want and I have no control of you?”.

    You: Have you ever had a dream that you were convinced was real and out of your control? I can not help it if you give me independent thought and think that I have consciousness of my own.”

    Your friend: “If I am dreaming the how come I can sleep and have dreams?”

    You: “Have you ever had a dream inside a dream? It is a common experience.”

    Your friend: “Why do I remember my life from a child to an adult, having kids and watching them grow? I remember every detail with vividness and when compared to a dream, no dream I have ever had is like that.”

    You: “Just because you do not remember what real reality is like doesn’t make this dream any more real. You do not remember so therefore you have no way and comparing this dream to reality. You feel this dream is reality because you choose not to remember real reality, but if you remembered real reality then you would see right through this dream because it has so many holes in it. “

    Your friend: “What is real reality like then, describe it to me!”

    You: “Wakeup and you will know for yourself.”

    Your friend: “Where are the holes then? Point them out to me!”

    You: “You create and build this dream with things full of constitutions, ironic things, and weird experiences that don’t even make sense. You would have to be in this dream very deep to not notice them, look for them and you will start seeing them.”

    Try this on many different friends to get different results, but ultimately you will either convince them that they are dreaming and you will be able to feed off each other’s energy and creating reality as a dream. Or perhaps on the other hand, they will keep confronting you with better and better questions that will in turn eventually lead you to knowing how to create your 'reality dream' because in questioning another’s reality, your thoughts will guide you into questioning your reality out of habit. Some friends that like things the way they are within “World One”, will more then likely start ignoring you for probing their existence and reality.

    If you never questioned your reality before I suggest staying awake past 24 hours. The breaking point is different for everyone so some people might have to stay alert for 48 hours to start seeing a difference but if you can stay awake past the point where things start getting weird then you will have no choice but to question your reality. I went so far past the breaking point while adopting Polyphasic Sleep that I opened something within myself. I call it universal knowledge.

    Why would I want to question my reality?

    When you stop questioning, you slow down the progress of life for yourself and everyone around you. Where do you think we would be today if Albert Einstein or anybody else who changed the world dramatically did not question reality? Who knows you might ask the universe just the right question that leads you to the key that solves everything in life. Yet how are you going to do that with fear in your way?

    Every time I see, one of those stickers that read, “Fear this!” I laugh and think to myself how silly it is to fear anything inside this dream. Why would you want people to fear you anyhow? I mean looking into the history of the world people have done some shocking and destructive things while under the influence of fear!