Polyphasic Sleep Day 3 (Interesting Wonder)

2:00am Nap
I fell asleep right away and woke up 8 minutes before the alarm went off. I am feeling mentally hazy and physically weak.

6:00am Nap

 It took 10 minutes to fall asleep. I woke up one minute before the alarm went off. I feel very rested. I feel physically and mentally on a 6 from a scale of 1-10 (10 being what it feels like normally on a monophasic sleeping schedule).

Interesting Wonder...
When I first heard about Polyphasic Sleep, I was wondering if it was even possible to only sleep a few hours a day. After already been through the experience and doing this again, I feel as if maybe the body does not even need sleep at all. They say R.E.M. is the most important stage of sleep and that is what makes polyphasic sleep workable.

What if you could reach R.E.M. sleep while awake? Why does one have to be asleep to reach such a state? You might say, because while sleeping one accesses the subconsciousness. However, why can one not access the subconsciousness while awake? What causes people to urge for sleep, when all you're after is the R.E.M. stage?

Through hypnosis the subconscious becomes active and hypnosis is not considered a form of sleep, it is considered a form of daydreaming. Can you daydream yourself into R.E.M.? If the body can adopt to polyphasic sleep by recognizing new sleeping patterns and does this biochemically to avoid pain, then why can it not find a way to access the subconscious while awake (or daydreaming)? For that matter, if daydreaming does tap into the subconscious as hypnosis would suggest, why do we not access the subconscious during our daily daydreams? Maybe we do. How do you know when you access the subconscious? You access the subconscious through dreaming. And dreaming while you're awake is called daydreaming. They say dreaming helps you to solve problems by connecting with your subconscious. Wouldn't daydreaming be the samething, as long as the daydream is not controlled by the consciousness?

It seems to be that the subconscious is more powerful in understanding life, yet the consciousness is more powerfully in control. When you sleep, the consciousness has no control (unless lucid dreaming). Hence why we need sleep, to bring the subconscious to the surface without the consciousness interfering.

Therefore, I would assume that if you consciously allow the subconscious control, then the subconscious can do what it does without sleeping. This makes me wonder if polyphasic sleep works not because the R.E.M.s are reprogrammed but because during the adoption period the consciousness stops thinking completely (if you let it). If I just sit here quietly, there will be no thoughts coming in or going out. Like meditation, which also assesses the subconscious. I am only tired when I stop and think about it. I only feel sleep deprived when I think about how little sleep I have been getting. I am only tired when I stop and think logically about how I should be feeling in this situation. Maybe sleep deprivation, is only a conditioned thought that is programed within us to think we need sleep?

I don't know, but it got you thinking didn't it? Maybe I will come back to this later and have it figured out eventually. Maybe I will find a solution of how to bypass sleep completely. As for now, my next nap is in 30 minutes. After that 'think tank' session, I feel completely awake.

10:00am Nap
Woke up 1 minute before the alarm went off. I went right to sleep. I am feeling about a 6 in refreshment.

2:00pm Nap
I woke up 10 minutes before the alarm. I had my first dream during this nap. Which means I reached the level of the R.E.M. stage. The odd thing is that I feel the worse I have felt. Maybe a 3 on the scale!

5:00pm
I decided I could not make it until my 6:00pm nap, so I decided to take a nap early. I did not set the alarm for 30 minutes, this time is was set for 20 minutes. 20 minutes seems so far to be just about right and considering the nap before, I didn't want to make things worse by taking a full 30 minute nap. Fell right to sleep, took the full 20 minutes. I remember dreaming. Feel about an 8 of 10.

10:00pm Nap
Slept the whole 30 minutes. I still feel about an 8 out of 10.

Overall
Considering I took an early nap and still made-it to the original next nap without any problems. I am wondering if I should just sleep 20 minutes when I feel tired, instead of making this a set schedule of naps . It did seem to work out a lot better. I will experiment with this more to make sure. Overall, after the early nap, I feel the best I have felt now since I started. Still at an 8 of 10 (1:00am).

I will just have to twist, bend, and experiment with this to find out what works the best. This adoption period is still going extremely easy compared to the first time I tried polyphasic sleep.

Continue to the next sleep log: Polyphasic Sleep Day 4 (This Is Getting Insane)
Return to the last sleep log: Polyphasic Sleep Day 2 (Revisited)
© Copyright 2014 by Conscious Flex. All Rights Reserved. Privacy/ Legal Notice | Sitemap